Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Kids Great Examples

PJS 2

As a mother I have been trying to instill good habits in my kids. Trying to do family prayer and scripture study. I have to admit that I’ve slacked on the scripture study, with Jody’s work schedule it’s been pretty scarce.  I do make sure we have the night time family prayer and I’ve also been having my kids say their personal prayers before they go to bed. Sometimes I don’t have to even mention it and they will say their prayers on their own. And it’s so cute the things they say!

A couple of weeks ago Danielle Lila came home from Activity Days with a vinyl sticker that says “Don’t go to bed without your PJS”. It came along with a story and in the story a girl was going through some hard times. A young women leader of hers had told her “The solution to your problem is: “Don’t go to bed without your PJS.” Which means, Prayers, Journal and Scriptures. So Danielle Lila has decided to do the PJS thing and every night she says her prayers. Most nights she writes in her journal and reads her scriptures, it’s short but the habit is started. Of course the boys are too little to write in journals but they do say their prayers and I’m going to work harder on the scripture reading.

I tell you they are still a lot better at this stuff than I am. I just have never been good at setting this habit for myself, I don’t know why. I need to kick it up a notch though. If my kids can do it I should be able to! And I want to try to get going on the journal as well, once upon time I was good at that. I think I have two full journals somewhere. Anyways, we’ll just see how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. this is a cute idea, can you email me the story? I would love to give this to my activity days girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a mom of 4 and would LOVE to have the pjs's sticker too! Could you email it to me? Or let me know if it is okay to create my own?
    juliacartee@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete