Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day of Crafts and Soul Food

So I had a really good day yesterday. After getting the kids ready for school, it was picture day, and sending them off. After cleaning the house and getting the other two kids and myself ready, my most wonderful husband took over and I went to my cousin Tina’s to do some crafting. I was so excited, especially because I’ve had to cancel and reschedule a few times.  We had a good time!

Now Tina and I have started a few projects and not finished or haven’t started because of the time needed. It’s funny because she pulled out one that we thought would take awhile and it only took about five minutes to finish! And although all my time was devoted to the Halloween banner that I  started last year, I still did not get it done. It is still a work in progress. Tina did get two projects done so that is good.

Tinas fall blocks

            Tina’s finished project

Later that night I was able to go to  Relief Society  where we had a lesson on breakfast foods, more crafting and then the actual “soul food”. It was great, you know the stuff “you” always need to hear.  So I thought that I would share a few things that stuck out to me. We learned that when a person has a grateful heart, another person is able to actually able to feel of it as far as twelve feet away.  Now once that heart is felt it is then synchronized and how much good is felt by that, and what an impact we can have on each other! A great scripture that was shared was Alma 41:14-15  “For that which ye do send out shall return unto you again….” I really liked this scripture and I do think that it is important that we do send out “Good Stuff”. Being a mother, I know that the things that I send out WILL have an impact on my family! Right now I am trying very hard to overcome some of my faults that I think will help with what I do send out. I am trying to be a more positive person, to speak a little kinder, and working on my housekeeping skills. Let’s just say some days are better than others.

It was a great night. And to top it all off I came home to a clean house (the smell of freshly moped kitchen floor), the kids in bed and laundry done! My husband is the best! Is it strange that these type of things can oddly put me in “the mood”? Well it does, he knows it and it works out for both of us! (will I get in trouble for this part on my blog?)

Oh and here is the “finished” product of the craft that I started at church. We learned how to make rolled flowers. I made two of the flowers at church and turned them into this great necklace with stuff that I had from home. It was a lot of fun and I love it!

September 2010 camera update 140

September 2010 camera update 139

1 comment: