Friday, September 17, 2010

First Day of School

August 23rd was Tytus and Danielle Lila's first day of school this year. It was also their first day at Freedom Elementary. They are actually excited to be going back to school and to be there with the kids in their neighborhood and church.
Now some of you might know that I am a "so sad to see them grow" kind of mom because I want them to stay little and cute, but I am also excited to see how they are learning and growing and becoming their own cute selves. So today was one of those days for me. I was probably more anxious than they were. You know (or maybe it's just me) I hope they like their new school, I hope they make new friends, I hope they are liked, I hope they like their teachers. But I'm just a worry wart some times and I know that they will do just fine!
Tytus is now in First grade, all day yay! There are a few things that a First grader has to get used to, like the long hours. He came home that day and said "it was kind of different from Kindergarten, we didn't get a snack when we went out for recess and we stayed longer". There is also school lunch. This will be a fun one to see because Tytus is a very picky eater. We told him that this will be the time when he has to start eating new things, and if you don't YOU WILL BE HUNGRY for the rest of the day! I think he's done pretty good so far, there's only been one day when he's said he only had a cookie and some milk. I don't know what he's thinking, I used to love school lunch. (Maybe I should go to lunch one day!)
He already has a couple of friends in his class that he knows from the neighborhood/church. One of them is our little neighbor girl, Hadlee. She and Tytus play together a lot, along with her sister, Megan, who is Danielle Lila's age. They are cute girls! (It's sad because they will be moving in November =( He is also making a lot of new friends and having fun.
Handsome Boy



Danielle Lila is now in the Third Grade, such a big girl! Of course she's used to the whole school schedule, that includes violin before school also. She didn't have anyone she already knew in her class but she's already making new friends and loving it and she abolutley loves her teacher, that's a plus!
So all in all I think this is going to be a good year for the both of them!
Beautiful Girl


1 comment:

  1. I am just like you, I hate how fast they grow. they are so cute! Bella has that same shirt as Danielle,that's another thing that I was sad about, I could buy her something that fit her in the big girl section not the toddler section :(

    ReplyDelete