Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kind of Busy

We've been kinda busy around here at the Livingston house. With the kids dental work and mine. I had a root canal done last Thursday and a tooth pulled on Monday. That morning the boys asked where we were going and I told them it was my turn to go to the dentist. Tytus asked if I would be getting shots, probably I said. Then he asked if I was going to cry, I hope not was my reply! Thank goodness for pain killers and for Jody having Mondays and Tuesdays off! I've been kinda loopy needless to say for the last couple of days. And my face is swollen and funny looking, I have the pics to prove it! Now that they pulled my tooth I will be getting implants for my teeth (not the other, just to clarify) in a few months. Can you tell I just love to be at the Dentist!
We took the kids to the Children's Museum on Tuesday and they had a lot of fun. They played house, built things up just to knock them down, saved lives on the rescue chopper, they acted out Little Red Ridding Hood on stage, they gave a news broadcast, played with water and ping pong balls, and played cashier at the grocery store. They were quite busy! Jonas even played a little and got to go down his first slide, which he liked a lot!
Jody and I just finished reading a book called " The Message" by Lance Richardson. I highly recommend it.
"If a man were to die, and then return, what message might those from the world beyond send back to us?" A lot of it of course was focused on family and the importance of service. Starting with our families and then on to others. It's got me thinking a lot about what I can do to help others. I want to serve but where do I start? Do I have time? Will I have a car? And I've realized that it doesn't have to be something big. So I'm going to start looking for ways that I can help. I hope no matter what it is that I can make just a small difference in someone else's life. I also hope that I can be an example and show my kids how to love and serve others.







4 comments:

  1. If you want to know how to put music on your site call me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog! I saw the link on facebook. You have such a cute family. I hope you are enjoying your new ward in Highland. We'll miss you guys!
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blog! You're right to do what you can, God sees you're honest effort. this is Emily by the way...knittinggal@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete