Thursday, April 9, 2009

$ Potty Money $


Well I finally decided to potty train Isaiah. He didn't have much interest until I came up with the $ Potty Money $ jar. Let me explain why this works for him. Isaiah LOVES money! He's always asking for it, "just one money, just one dollar, PLEASE!" He even used to go to sleep with a couple of coins and would wake up crying because he dropped them in his sleep. Not so fun for mom and dad at 2 or 3 in the morning! Well since he loves money so much i decided that this would be great incentive! If he goes #1 he gets two pennies, and #2 gets one nickel. It took about a day or two but he's caught on pretty good. He gets all excited and will go without me asking sometimes. Or he'll say "I think I go pee pee" and run to the bathroom. It is so cute when he gets his money there's usually a "uh huh, oh yeah!" I love it! I can't wait to only have one in diapers, we're so close!
Jonas is starting to crawl now and he's getting pretty fast. He's also getting his 2 bottom teeth so he's been a little fussy. The kids do a good job of making him laugh though. It's so cute to watch.
We had some visiters this last weekend. The Dominguez family was with us! It was so good to see them! It had been 6 months since the last visit. Of course the kids had a blast. They played and played and played! They were sad to say goodbye but are looking forward to our visit to Az next month! They keep asking what day we are leaving, and how much longer? It won't come fast enough!











2 comments:

  1. cute idea for potty training...whatever works I always say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it work on Jody, too??? J/K! I really think I got ripped off. Why didn't my Mom think of that?

    ReplyDelete