Monday, March 14, 2011

Is Your Home Safe?

This First Alert Alarm saved our lives! About one week ago from Saturday our alarm was set off. We turned off the gas powered heater and called the gas company to come and check things out for us. They told us to open some windows and to get everyone out to fresh air. Sure enough when they checked the levels they were way to high and we basically had about 5 hours to get out of the house. We found out that this is why our family had been battling sickness (flu like symptoms) for the last two weeks. Thanks to our home teacher who had recently brought by this carbon monoxide alarm to us we were able to detect this leak before it was too late. Thank the Lord that our home teacher was inspired! We were able to completely replace the gas heater and fix a clogged water heater line to make our home a safe place once again. It made me realize that you can never be too cautious. Please make sure your alarms are up to date and follow all saftey precautions to keep your family safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment